Sunday, August 8, 2010

I'm On My Way!

Hey everyone! Welcome to my very first blog! So, I absolutely LOVE to write and have been writing books since I was really little, but I didn't really feel that they were "publish-worthy." There are probably about 20 or so short chapter books sitting in my closet right now. :P  Since they are all handwritten, it would take forever to type them out and they are pretty amateur stories. But hey! Practice makes perfect!

Anyway, about four years ago I wrote a 400 page novel based on Ephesians 6 and the armor of God. It is called Rise a Knight and I have been trying to get it published for a long time. I don't have time really to deal with agents and the whole crazy publishing industry since I am a full-time college student as well. But recently I found publishamerica and signed a contract through them! Yay! It should be about a year before it is in the market but I really hope it does well!

Rise a Knight is about a man who lives his entire life in a monastery and never truly experiences the world because the kingdom was at war and conquered. At the end of his life in a type of "purgatory" he is faced with the question of how he should spend eternity. The actual "knight" stuff doesn't really happen until close to the end of the book.

I've created a couple of youtube videos with an excerpt and promotion just to get some feedback.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Etjj1TWCow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqZbrwnpVpQ

Hopefully I can get a better excerpt video up since the first did not turn out as well as I would have liked it to. I might even put an excerpt on my blog in a few days!

In Christ,
Writer Alley (Allyson Cartwright)

No comments:

Post a Comment