Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's All Settled!

I just received an email from PublishAmerica that my book is going to the pre-production line! Hurray! They also asked if I wanted to give them a "rush" fee to place my book at the beginning of the pre-production line. Well, I would hate to rush the production of my book, plus there's a $50 fee. I don't know, I just think that rushing book production could mean it isn't the best that it could be and I want my book to be as good as it can be. So, there will be 6-9 months before it's all ready.

One of my best friends, Charlotte, drew the front cover! She is amazing! And she had to sign a release form so that I can use the art and such. It is all so exciting! You can see the cover in both of my YouTube videos from my first blog and on my blog page.

Publish America also asked me if I would like to review books they've recently published. They send you a book in the mail and you review it online. However, it is on a volunteer basis and with student teaching starting in a couple of weeks, I am not sure how much time I will have. That would be fun though... Might consider it if they'd pay me.

My friend Charlotte would also like to draw the pictures for my children's picture book. She is working on a few art projects right now, but hopefully I can send that book in, in December. I KNOW this book will be a huge hit... not sure about Rise a Knight... but we'll see! :D

In Christ,

Writer Alley (Allyson Cartwright)

1 comment: